In addition to fiction, Lehua writes non-fiction and creative non-fiction articles on many different subjects. They are generally organized by searchable categories.
- Blog Tours, Guest Posts, & Interviews: articles by other authors and Lehua’s interviews of authors. These are usually part of a blog tour for a book.
- Book Reviews: Thoughts on books, often featuring books written by Hawaiian authors. Most books are about Hawaiian history or island culture or feature characters, setting, or plots from Hawaii.
- Character Haiku: Character Haikus are short poems written from the perspective of a character that reveals more about motivation and plot.
- Island Style: generally non-fiction articles that feature an island perspective or cover topics such as Hawaiian history, local culture, traditions, and growing up in Hawaii.
- Learning ‘Ōlelo: definitions and examples of commonly used Pidgin and Hawaiian words. More listed under Pidgin Dictionary.
- Mainland Living: generally non-fiction articles about living in rural Utah and everyday life.
- The Business of Writing: non-fiction articles that deal with publishing, writing craft, and marketing.
- The Niuhi Shark Saga: excerpts and non-fiction articles that relate to topics in the series.